Skip to main content

A Frog


A frog just landed on the top of my foot with a “Splat!” as I walked up the stairs from my little piece of refuge on Round Lake and into the house. That’s right, a frog. While not all-together shocking, since my home is literally in marshland, it is odd, as I am clothed from head-to-toe. The only skin showing is my face and my feet. Guess I’ll take my foot over my forehead for this visit!

And maybe not odd at all. I operate in a world of signs, synchronicities, serendipity and feeling. I pay attention to things that others may pass off as coincidence or simply as a strange occurrence with no deeper meaning. Now, not everything has profound meaning through my lens, but I instinctively know when to pay attention, when to dig-in and see if there is a message or something for me to understand beyond what’s happening on the surface. Cause for further investigation could be a repeating number sequence, a sensation of energy through a specific part of my body, an unseen presence felt sitting on my bed, or an animal crossing my path. A frog landing on my bare skin was enough for me to take a deeper look.

From worldbirds.org:

If you find yourself at a turning point in your life, appeal to the frog symbolism. The frog spirit will help you make the changes and transformations you need within yourself and will also purify your body, mind, and spirit. Understanding the toads and frogs is the key to life’s metamorphosis.”

Anyone within my sphere knows I’m going through tremendous life changes, on so many levels. I feel mostly full of doubt, anxiety and sadness. I am learning so much about myself as the person I was, and am now getting glimpses of the person I am becoming. Those glimpses sprinkle this mostly heavy experience with the sparkle of life I dearly miss in forms of awe, gratitude and excitement for what is to come.

According to spiritanimal.info:

“The frog totem symbolizes the cycles of life, in particular the rebirth stage. Its own journey through life, from tadpole to the adult state, reminds us of the many cycles of transformation and rebirth in our lives.

Transformation and rebirth. Any astrological resource would tell you that is the stuff we Scorpios live for - it’s our wheelhouse. I am not a fearful person and don’t shy away from diving deep into the dark. As it turns out, much of this leg of the journey must be done in isolation (NOT my wheelhouse) and is a lot for my sensitive soul to handle. I am exhausted, and can just barely see a flash of that light at the end of this seemingly never-ending tunnel. I often ask for, and receive help from the Universe in the many forms I have mentioned. While I have had my share of heavy, difficult times throughout life, I am so very grateful for the many who have supported me in their own unique ways. Often, my darkness allows someone else to shine their light, something the world needs from each of us, right now especially.

From my lens, this little froggy visit has provided guidance, encouragement and a feeling of support when I truly need it. And that’s all I’m asking for…for now.

How about you – what do you need to feel guided, encouraged and supported during dark times?

My Dark Night of the Soul Journey here at That's All I'm Asking For...was necessary to reach where I am today. While I am still working through the residue of a lifetime of beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve me, I am so grateful to be the most authentic version of myself I have ever known. If you're curious, please join me as I continue this adventure of me. It has been a journey worth taking, for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep in the Heart of...Texas?!

The family obligation that originally caused me hesitation in booking my flight to this adventure got pushed up a day, and I had to find a flight back home a day early. Although I was sad to leave our extended stay in Soul Talk Land, I must admit, it really did solve several challenges I would face on my solo day at Myrtle Beach between when the Mystic left with her car in the morning and my flight at 8pm. I started my last day at the beach with the “Texas Sisters”, three sweet, classy women with a lot of love for each other and of life! While each had their own special personality, the love of family exuded from each one of them. During our mini-visits, I learned about two of them, including their relationships with one another, their children, spouses, and family. I found that I share my name with their mother – Shirley Ann. Again, I felt connected to these strangers through conversation accumulating to not more than an hour total. While I hoped they felt the gift of that connect

Send Me On My Way!

* Two years ago, I started a new blog, Soul Aligned Scripts , which (as of this writing) consists of a whopping ONE post! It is a fantastic, true story of real joy wrapped up in my awesome ridiculousness – totally and completely ME . I wrote that during a time that I was discovering myself after years of being who I thought everyone else needed me to be, and who I needed to be to protect myself from the big-bad boogeyman, also known as my negative, scary, uncomfortable feelings . Even after experiencing such joy and learning about myself and others along the way, which brought so much sparkle into my life, it didn’t take long for me to revert back to my small self. You know, the scared, angry, resentful, controlling me that couldn’t create or maintain “sparkle” even with a warehouse full of fireworks at my disposal. Nope, I simply was not ready. I still had much to acknowledge, heal and release. That’s All I’m Asking For… is the chronicle of my most recent Dark Night of the Soul Jour

I Probably Won't Die...Again

As I drove in the dark of night home from the airport, I had two and a half hours to listen, think, process, drink coffee, and do it all some more. At one point, around Red Wing, MN, I began to have a conversation with my unseen Universal support. I don’t know what they look like, but I imagine them to be ancestors, loved ones, angels, and guides from across the galaxies. I’m quite certain I’m never fully alone, but I sure felt like it on this particular night. I wondered aloud through tears, why it wasn’t ok to feel the way I was feeling about a heavy situation in my life. Why did I feel like such a loser for having these emotions? Why am I so weak? Am I destined to feel like this forever? And then I heard the Mystic’s words from the beach: “You’re probably not going to die”. Something clicked inside of me and said, “No! Not this time...” Somewhere between the ages of 19 and 22, I told at least one of my close friends that I just  knew  I was going to die at 23. It seemed just a fli